Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fun Project

Looking over some of my patterns for crochet/knit and thought you might like to try this, if you haven't already.
With your odds and ends of yarn, crochet/knit two squares..the size depends on you..cut batting the size of your square, maybe a little less and sandwich between the two crochet/knit pieces. Now crochet them together..Make as many as you like and then crochet them to make a blanket.
This has been done for baby blankets and they are very warm.. I had this pattern for years and alway wanted to use up my leftover yarn..forgot about it and just came across it. Thought it would be a fun project for those that enjoy crochet/knitting..This isn't a large project and travels nicely..Also any beginner can do this.
Have fun and get creative..Nothing more rewarding than seeing a beautiful project come alive right before your eyes...

Till next time, keep looking up..

8 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

A friend of mine has just started to learn how to knit & is looking for some nice easy projects, so I'll send her a link to your blog. Thanks for sharing!

ps- I can't knit to save my life, so I'm in awe of anyone who can master it :)

Fog and Thistle said...

Nice idea to use up those leftover bits of wool. I'll pass on to my mom who crochets

M.KATE said...

nice idea, is it sort of like a quilt? me, knitting? i think my rabit'll laugh..happy weekend :)

Rosihue said...

oh wow that sounds like a good project!

Distressing Delilah said...

Thanks for sharing that! I was enjoying looking at your kitty pictures..so sweet!

Octavine Illustration said...

this is such a great project!~ i am definitely going to get those crochet hooks out...(it's been a while so i'm glad it's an easy project.....)

miznyc said...

now I want to go dust off my knitting needles!

La Alicia said...

This sounds like a great project to use up those odds and ends and create something truly one-of-a-kind.

Have sent the link to your blog to a few of my "knitting friends". I'm still a beginner but I'm learning. Thanks for the cool project idea. :)