Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beautiful Birthday Card.


The other day the girls/families came and gave me a surprise birthday party..
My youngest son-in-law made this card..took him 51/2 hours to draw Our Lady of Perpetual Help..It will be framed of course..but wanted to share its beauty with all of you.
Now the funny part of this story..He went on line and had a bunch of Icons to pick from and he happened to pick this one to draw..When I was a young child, my mother had the most beautiful picture , like this one, hanging on our wall in the kitchen..
I use to sit and stare at the picture and think that was where I was going to Kindergarten..it always had a special place in my heart..Of all the beautiful Icons to pick, he chose this one to draw. Of course, he didn't know of my experience with this Icon.
I do not believe in coincidences..but I do believe we are always under God's care and every now and then, He lets us know it..just by a little memory, like my card..
Till next time, keep looking up.

5 comments:

Rosihue said...

LOVE IT!!!! So pretty!

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh this is wonderful, I love the serendipity of life! Wishing you a very ♫Happy Birthday♫
♥Sharon

Unknown said...

beautiful! happy birthday!

Elayne said...

♪ ♫ Carolyn, I am wishing you a very Happy Birthday ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

artsyclay said...

Happy Birthday a little late! What a beautiful card, and just amazing he would choose the one from your childhood. It's so wonderful to see God's hand in things like that. xo