Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday



Spring is here and the angel/St. Francis are here to prove it.
Took them out of my shed and will put them where they belong in the yard.
They gave a nice shadow, don't you think? Franny boy is glad to be outside again.
Now I have reflections..that to me are like shadows, in the water. Then the rocks. As you can see, took the camera for another ride when I went shopping. Gosh, I am doing good. Now if I could just remember to bring my own bags to the grocery store, so they don't have to give me plastic. I keep forgetting them in the car..Oh well, I do recycle the plastic.
Be sure to visit Hey Harriet's blog for wonderful shadow shots..She has helped me be aware of the beauty in a shadow. Thank you my dear Tracy.

Till next time, keep looking up.




12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful shadows and reflections! And it is wonderful to have discovered the beauty of both. I know Tracy has surely opened my eyes to a new world!! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

The angel and St. Francis cast wonderful shadows. Isn't it great that spring has arrived?

frayed at the edge said...

a lovely collection of photos!!

frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk

Chubby Chieque said...

What a wonderful statue. So angelique.

Lovely shadows too. Looks you have a wonderful sunny day.

Hugs & sending you our love...
D´Nics

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

lovely shots - first day of spring here is a damp squib - heavy rain and I've got the flu again - better next week hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Yay to Spring! I like that you were able to put out the Angel and St. Francis. They cast beautiful shadows and make great shadow shots.

Paz

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

I'm sure your neighbors just think that you haven't found the perfect place for your statues yet :) and taking photos of them....well, maybe your making a collage (it would be fun to find out just what everyone thinks when they see us taking shadow shots - 'eh?
Hope you find your first week of spring lovely!

Unknown said...

Wonderful shots of SSS..often I am wondering if reflections are also shadows. We started not using plastic for every saturdays here..yes, we are very slow on this and I do hope that one day, no plastic at all :)

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Angel shadows are amongst my favorite shadows. There is something about them...a connection, I think to the 'other side'.

Unknown said...

love the angel! :)the only way I can remember to tae my cloth bags into the store is to leave them on the passenger seat next to me on the way to the store! ;)

DoanLegacy said...

Fantastic shadows, and reflections!

Unknown said...

Love all the shots, as usual, but it is really nice to see the signs of spring. And I love that you call him Franny!

I'll remind you to take your reusable shopping bags in if you want ;-)