Friday, December 3, 2010

Fingerprint Friday.








For Fingerprint Friday, I put up three plates I have painted over the years. As we get prepared to celebrate Christmas, a wonderful time of the year.

I have been getting so tired of towns/schools not letting you say Merry Christmas/Christmas Tree. Only Happy Holiday/Holiday Tree..I am sorry, it is a Christmas Tree and Merry Christmas..the celebration of Christ's birth..A Man that did nothing but spread love/peace/care for fellow man..why do they want us to lose that beautiful example?

So for Fingerprint Friday..I say this..May all that believe in Christ..be proud of Him..
"For God so loved this world, He gave His only begotten Son."


Check out Pampering Beki's blog for other Fingerprints.


Till next time,keep looking up.

9 comments:

LiPeony said...

Those plates look wonderful and I'm all good for saying Merry Christmas and somehow "holiday tree" doesn't have the same feeling as saying "Christmas tree" to me

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Carolyn you are so talented! Those came out beautifully and truly embrace the spirit of what Christians focus on during this time of year. I'm an all encompassing type so to me the images are just truly stunning of (as you said) a man and his family who promoted peace and tolerance among all men.

Its a funny argument, this whole issue of holiday v. Christmas. I tend to say happy holidays because I'm bunching Thanksgiving & New Year's in as well (mostly because there are so many people in my life that I only chat with once during this time of year so I like to cram it all in lol) but if I know what they celebrate in December (Chanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Festivus...) then that is what I wish for them! So, in the spirit of that long winded preamble, I say to you Merry Christmas my friend :-) I hope Santa brings everything your heart desires this year ♥

Gloria said...

Way to spread the merry around! Beautiful scenes on your plates to remember the spirit of Christmas. I no longer can even stand cards that just have "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" and make sure to greet everyone with a Merry Christmas this time of year.
Smile today. :)

Shan said...

Beautiful verse, and the paintings you have done are gorgeous. What a blessed gift you have!

Lindsay Thomas said...

What a great and HUGE fingerprint. Thank you for reminding us!

Lindsay Thomas said...

AND by the way, those are incredible! You are VERY talented!

artsyclay said...

My goodness, you do such beautiful work! Your sweet paintings really touch my heart with the Spirit of Christmas!

Our internet was down all day yesterday so I was MIA from Fingerprint Friday. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs!

XUE said...

What gorgeous paintings these are. You are super, Carolyn ! Happy Advent !

littlebird said...

what lovely plates well done you!
and MeRrY ChrIStMas my friend.