Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Weather is getting warmer..

Isn't it funny how the weather can change your mood? It is starting to get warmer and you really feel the spring in the air. The air even smells different, sweeter.
When my poppies come up, that will still be awhile. I will usually take pictures..then I will try a watercolor or pastel..did start an oil painting, but never finished. Pastels are one of my favorite mediums. Acrylics are fun and I have done primitive winter scenes in them..Some say acrylics look plastic, but I don't see them that way..one thing I really enjoy about acrylics, they dry fast. I think that gave a hint about me...impatient, something I am working on. One thing about Maine, it teaches patience, you never can count on the seasons being normal.
May you all have a very productive day..just remember, no matter what you are doing, it is important.

Till next time, keep looking up.

11 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Oh I love poppies...the bright orangey/red of the Oriental Poppy...love it!

Sarah McBride said...

Poppies are one of my favorites. When I lived in California we had them all over. I used to look forward to the first bloom!

XUE said...

I grew up on a tropical island & it used to be just rain or shine. I love the 4 seasons, with the changing sceneries & colours! In Tokyo, it's cherry blossoms season & when the wind bows, it's like pink rain. Thank you Rosebud for visiting - I've had fun-filled productive days!

gr8tfulgirl said...

Your poppies are lovely!! That winter scene makes me want to jump in the picture!

Rosihue said...

I love you poppie pastel! Great colors!

Unknown said...

Oh I love poppies! And I love it when the weather turns warm and the flowers start to bloom, and everything is sweet and lovely... sigh...

It always makes my spirits lift!!

A Blond And A Torch said...

I just love this time of year!

I can't wait to see the poppies!

Unknown said...

thanks for the kind words about my show set up! I arrived early in case i hated what I was doing...but it worked out and i actually got a few compliments! thanks :)

Waterrose said...

It's pretty warm here today...90! and the flowers are a springing!

snowy652 said...

it seems as though the sun has a special quality that tames even the most cranky personality

blessings

Smarty Pants said...

Spring is in the air! And, down here in MA, we got snow over night. It's supposed to be 55 degrees today!