Sunday, February 24, 2008

Heard the cardinal this morning..

What a beautiful sound..It is the excitement of spring. I enjoy hearing the birds so busy getting ready for nesting..Something so wonderful about spring. I just can't wait for flowers to start poking their heads out of the ground..Now I have to tell you, I am a lousy gardener..I try, but I don't do well..In fact my husband calls me "black thumb"..The flowers I wait for ,have been planted by people that lived here before me. Anyway, I look for them every year..I did plant chives and they keep coming back, so I did succeed with that little herb.
I keep looking for the bluebirds, so far nothing..One person commented on my blog, how she sees the bluebirds flying around her area..How lucky..For some reason, here in Maine, the bluebird count dropped. About five years ago, I saw so many..the last couple of years, haven't seen one. Maybe this year they will nest in our bluebird houses..if so, will take pictures and put them on this blog..You know, that is why we should never take anything for granted..enjoy these gifts when we see them.
Till next time, keep looking up.

5 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Aren't chives grand? I'm seriously considering filling my lawn with them. At least there will be something green besides the weeds.

Rosihue said...

oh I love hearing the birds!
Hey,Great new pictures too!

KriskropMemories said...

I can completely understand. We are just now having some nice spring days and it sure does help put a smile on your face.
Actually off to the beach today, can't wait
Hope you soon see the bluebirds.

OMB said...

I love hearing the birds too!!! It's hit or miss with me and gardening. Some years great and some not so great. Keep trying, that thumb will turn green someday!!!

Bridget said...

I love cardinals...we live in the southeast and they are our state bird. Robins are here now but they will soon start flying north.