Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fast Recipe..
















I want to share a fast recipe for making, Pickled Beets, Cauliflower, Pickles or any combo you like..I just made the beets yesterday..This recipe is for the refrigerator and will keep up to 9 months..There is a lot of sugar and you can cut that down, if you like..The beets are cooked, cauliflower/carrots should be precooked to crunchy..Cucumbers just wash and slice..
Clean jar, can use quarts if you like...pack vegetables in, I add onions as I go...
Make a syrup on stove..
4 Cups sugar
4 Cups white vinegar
1/2 Cup pickling salt
2 cloves garlic
1 1/3 tsp each...turmeric, celery seed, mustard seed..
Just heat till sugar dissolves and pour over vegetables..put in fridge..Can be used in a few days..

Something quick and you will be happy you didn't waste a veggie..The beets can be made from canned beets too..Enjoy..

Till next time, keep looking up..

12 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

What a smart way of doing your own pickles.

I didn't try but your recipe is quite easy. I must try this, though.

Keep your fingers cross...

Have an enjoyable times!

Impossible Alice said...

Which forum note? I've been posting about how drunk I am :)

Impossible Alice said...

Awww, you're so sweet! But you really don't have to worry, I'm fine :) I think I'll go to bed soon and I'm nearly out of wine anyways! xx

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Awesome! Thank you so much. I will made some of these also. My mother in law I believe really likes beets so maybe I'll make her some. :) Thank you sooo much for the reminder of SSS.. you rock Rosebud! *hugs*

Ana said...

I love beets!

DJ said...

Great, that is easy! My son loves beets.

Hey Harriet said...

Great! I love easy recipes, so thanks for sharing this one :)

SandraRee said...

This is the way Muddy used to do too! Thanks for sharing Rosebud! :D

Lemon Shortbread said...

I'm liking everything that's going in the jar! Love cucumber pickles!

littlebird said...

i am lookin for a recipe to make apples into chutney and your pickles have spurred me on thank you : )

your look yummy by the way!

Rocki Adams said...

ooooooooooooooh.... yummy! Thanks for sharing this - I think I'll give it a try!

Mary Ann said...

I think I'll have to give this a try. I love easy recipes and I LOVE pickled beets. I'm glad to see that they last 9 months as no one else in my family will eat them.